THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. EMI / RF Test Engineer - RM
JSG is looking for a great EMI / RF Test Engineer for our client located in Hawthorne, California.
1st shift, All candidates must be ITAR compliant.
No corp to corp or H1B sponsorship.
Our EMI/EMC team works to ensure our avionics hardware will perform when integrated into a complex and delicate system of both sensitive and high-power avionics that must operate through some of the harshest electromagnetic environments imaginable. The team performs exhaustive avionics analysis, design, and test at the board, unit, subsystem, and system levels with work that reaches out to almost all of the departments at the company. You will work closely with a significant number of teams within the company, most consisting of: the hardware design teams, production teams, structures teams, propulsion teams, launch, and mission management teams. They are one of the few teams that interface with almost all aspects of the company and get significant hands on time with flight hardware. They play a crucial role in the development of our systems particularly as we advance our efforts towards satellites and creating safe, reliable, inexpensive, and innovative systems that push the boundaries in size and mass.
• Write detailed test documentation including test procedures, test plans, and test reports
• Work closely with avionics unit responsible engineers, test software engineers, and test technicians to successfully plan and execute testing
• Perform detailed testing of avionics components of the launch vehicle and the spacecraft. Must have the specific skills to perform these tests and not just monitor them -- lightning, shielding effectiveness, and ESD testing are crucial
• Design and verify new test methods and procedures with a keen eye on automation, efficiency, and test design trades
• Perform resistance/capacitance/inductance analysis, structural grounding analysis, and circuit isolation analysis as they relate to requirements compliance
• Troubleshoot EMI events from system to board level
• Operate a variety of EMI, RF, and electronics test equipment
• Ensure test equipment needed for testing is functional and calibrated
• Program test automation software to control test equipment per documented test standards
• Perform shielding effectiveness, transfer impedance, and resistance (micro-ohm to tera-ohm) measurements
• Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise, and complete manner
• Support engineering management with confidence; think creatively -- question the status quo, while following documentation and maintaining prescribed quality standards.
• Bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering, physics or other similar technical areas of study
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a role focused on EMI/EMC testing
• Experience performing grounding, bonding, and shielding effectiveness measurements with the following equipment: digital multimeter, milliohm meter, megaohm meter, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope
• Experience with both conducted and radiated EMI/EMC analysis and testing
• Experience with reading, interpreting and following: circuit schematics, PCB layouts, engineering drawings, BOMS, cable harnesses, wiring schematics, interface diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings and CAD software
Preferred skills and experience:
• Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or other similar technical areas of study
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting EMI events from system to board level
• Knowledge of electromagnetic field coupling, ohm's law, Maxwell's equations, boundary conditions, image charge/current, and lumped element modeling
• Demonstrated experience with Mil-Std-1541, Mil-Std-461, Mil-Std-464, Sae-Arp-5412, NASA-hdbk-4002, NASA-Std-4003, NASA-Std-4005, NASA-hdbk-4006, SSP 30237, SSP 30238, SSP 30240, and IEC 61000-4-2
$40hr to $60hr
JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP
950 S BASCOM AVE STE 2122
SAN JOSE, CA 95128