Description: PDS is seeking a Document Control Specialist for an open position in HoustonTX
Responsibilities: • Establish and maintain document and records management databases and indexes to track and retrieve records • Set-up and adhere to project contractual requirements with regard to document control and records management. • Maintain library of ‘Master’ and ‘Superseded’ documentation. • Manage distribution of all technical data, and maintain flow of project files, submittals and receivables • Establish file categories and indexing structures for a wide variety of materials • Process and maintain Requests for Information (RFIs) and timely follow-up • Assist in determining document management policies to facilitate efficient, legal and secure access to electronic content • Understand engineering practices pertaining to revision, phases, tracking and numbering • Provide historical tracking and audit trail of technical documents. • Responsible for deliverable variance reporting • Coordinate and monitor offsite document archiving, including transfer of records and documents to offsite storage, filing and retrieval and protection. • Comply with industry & legal requirements for void, delete, supersede, cost, schedule delay and legal impact • Attends project, customer and vendor meetings. • Responsible for compliance when dealing with sensitive or proprietary information or data.
• Certification/Diploma in Document Control/Records Management or comparable experience
• Three to Five years of Document Control/Records Management experience preferably in an EPC environment
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Intermediate proficiency with web based collaboration tools and file transfer protocol (FTP)
• Familiarity with integrations with other platforms (SharePoint)
• Familiarity with documents generated in engineering and construction projects in the oil and gas industry, especially CAD files
• Knowledge of principles, practices, methods and techniques of document and records management
• Proven ability to drive policies and procedures
• Knowledge of computer and database applications used in records management programs
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and ability to multitask
• Strong organization skills, with ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with a clear understanding of the financial and legal impact either to the project and/or business
• Multitask and ability to deal with multiple customers and their specific contractual requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills