ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED TO START
This position will be located in St Louis, MO to support P-8A U.S. Navy and P-8 Australia program.
Selected candidate will support software delivery testing and device acceptance testing for the Operational Flight Trainer (OFT) devices, as well as, follow-on software upgrades to those devices. The candidate may cross train to other devices as well.
Candidate will be asked to support test activities for P-8A U.S. Navy and P-8 Australia training devices to include software and hardware acceptance testing at facilities in St. Louis, MO; Jacksonville, FL; Whidbey Island, WA and Australia with potential for new customers and devices including India and UK.
* Write Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs)
* Work with Simulator supplier to perform testing prior to delivery to Boeing on flight simulator to ensure quality is high
* Perform testing on simulator once converted from a 737 to a P-8 to ensure the simulator functions as per the aircraft in a Level D environment
* Test previously discovered anomalies to ensure they were in fact fixed
* Write test reports
* Support development teams as the SME related to Flight Operations
* Mentor/Cross Train other team members
The successful candidate will:
* Review/edit subsystem and system level requirements and design.
* Create and status discrepancy reports for failed requirements.
* Analyze, review, and validate test data and acceptance test procedures.
* Prepare and publish user-level documentation, customer-based presentations, and tracking metrics.
* Listens and demonstrates understanding; clarifies meaning for others; speaks with clarity and precision; able to communicate with a diverse audience; writes clearly and concisely.
* Interface with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions.
* Work under minimal direction.
Requirements ( must have to be qualified.)
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” is required.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Secret Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
This position requires selected candidate to reside in the St Louis, MO area or be willing to relocate at own expense.
Previous experience as a 737/P-8/P-3 pilot.
Ability to test and be familiar with anti-submarine/anti-ship capabilities of the P-8 in the flight simulator.
Assets (Preferred/ nice to have. Lacking does not disqualify applicants.)
Preferred candidates should have a minimum of a Technical bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Aviation Management, Math, Computer Programming, Systems Engineering or Systems Integration.
Pilot Instructor experience in P-8A, P-3C, or other airborne Anti Submarine Warfare (ASW) capable platform.
Operational experience with deployed P-8A.
P-8 training systems experience.
Experience using P-8A Aircrew Training Devices (such as WTT, PTT, OFT, MSDT, Electronic Classrooms (ECs).
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
1750 112TH AVE NE STE C228
BELLEVUE, WA 98004