Flight Test Spec I - Flight Test Engineer
Assists with the planning, coordination, test execution, and liaison to engineering supporting the development and production of aircraft products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform core roles and responsibilities with some oversight and direction applicable to the complexity of the testing
2. Support testing to including stability & control, flying qualities/characteristics, stall demonstration, performance, powerplant, mechanical systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, avionics, cooling/ventilation, icing, and cold/hot weather
3. Work with engineering and test pilots to define test points that are conducted on test aircraft
4. Definition of Instrumentation requirements and communication with instrumentation engineering group to support installation on aircraft to support test requirements
5. Definition of the aircraft configuration to support the on aircraft test
6. Tracks test points and updates pass/fail/repeat status
7. Supports on aircraft ground/flight testing as required.
8. Provides the judgment on acceptable test data during or post flight
9. Processing of data following a test flight to document test results
10. Development of flight test reports to show compliance with test requirements
11. Detailed test planning including mission plan, creating flight cards, configuration verification, and compiling appropriate restrictions and safety/hazard assessments
12. Prepare material and present for Test Readiness Review (TRR) to gain approval from stakeholders that system under test is ready to being ground/flight testing activities
13. Perform safety analysis and prepare material as required. for Safety Review Boards (SRB) to support test missions
14. Conducts flight test brief with flight ops and engineering
15. Provides the on airplane direction of test sequence and execution, relying on FT Analyst for acceptability of collected data with exceptions where this authority is delegated
16. Generates and transmits post flight test summary
17. Conducts debrief of test mission with test crew and engineering
1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
2. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensure all work meets customer (internal/external) requirements
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements: