Quality Engineer (Aerospace - Bingen, WA next Hood River, OR)
Sr Quality Engineering Specialist - Bingen, WA
• Review technical drawings, work instructions, and engineering specifications for manufacturability, inspectability, and assembly.
• Control the quality of materials, products and services supplied to Insitu based on product specifications and design.
• Investigate part issues and perform root cause analysis and resolve product issues using closed loop corrective actions.
• Provide education and coaching to other Insitu departments on quality systems, regulatory compliance and quality initiatives to develop and improve performance and productivity.
• Design and analyze product inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment.
• Provide technical solutions for a wide range of problems through imaginative, thorough, and practical results.
Skills & Abilities Required
• Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and engineering specifications.
• Proven ability to assess manufacturing processes and make recommendations for improvements to ensure delivery of quality products.
• Proven ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems using root cause/corrective and preventive action standard practice.
• Experience working with ISO quality standards and other Aerospace standards (AS9100, AS9102, AS9103).
• Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
• Ability to analyze problems (troubleshooting, fault isolation, repair, modification, or redesign) of assigned end items to support the design, development and modification of company products using knowledge of engineering disciplines (ME, EE, etc.).
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials science, and prototyping techniques
• Knowledge of design and drafting methods including geometric dimensioning & tolerance
• Knowledge of engineering tests techniques, methods, equipment and instrumentation
• Knowledge of IPC standards (IPC-A-610, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies, IPC/WHMA-A-620B Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies)
• Knowledge of digital circuit design parameters (e.g., throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay) and hardware description languages (e.g., Hardware Description Language [HDL], Verilog).Knowledge of computer hardware and software components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces, high order languages), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
• Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to electrical/electronic design (e.g., wire harness design, grounding and shielding design techniques, lightning protection).
• Six Sigma Certification
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
Education & Experience
Technical bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years related work experience or a Master’s degree with 3 or more years. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in mathematics, sciences or technologies.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. REQUIRED: Email resume in MS Word Doc Format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Technical Recruiter, Engineering/Aviation Division
YOH AVIATION, A DAY & ZIMMERMANN COMPANY
Bingen, Washington State
STE 100 11960 WESTLINE INDUSTRIAL DR
ST LOUIS, MO 63146-3212