Colorado Springs, CO
12 month contract
*MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN*
**NO RELOCATION COMPENSATION / NO PER DIEM SPLIT**
Manages low to mid complexity projects responsible for ensuring that designs are sufficiently robust to satisfy customers’ needs for equipment that is life cycle cost-effective without sacrificing operator, maintainer, or system safety. Successful candidate will have deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Performs advanced risk reduction and develops evaluation studies. Leads evaluations of engineering design concepts and provides guidance on production component selection and application.
• Performs advanced risk reduction testing with minimum test rig equipment to provide data on new or high risk features.
• Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
• Liaises closely with other project team members in areas such as stress, manufacturing, sourcing and configuration with respect to new designs or design changes.
• May recommend changes in the selection and application of production components.
• May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples needed to obtain statistically valid data.
• Oversees preparation of documentation with the end goal of system qualification and product certification (including system specifications, interface control documents, system description documents, test specifications and reports).
• Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluates engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
• Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
• Compiles and analyzes performance reports, process control statistics, and relevant variables potentially affecting product and process.
• Includes possible development of mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
• May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing.
• Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Comparable Engineering Degree
• A minimum of 7+ years of engineering experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of Reliability and safety experience
• Experience with Reliability and Safety Program Plans and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Reports
• Detail oriented and thorough in the reliability activity due to the criticality of the seat performance
• Strong customer skills and customer focus (both internal and external customers)
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently but primarily as the reliability lead for an integrated product team.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and long- term projects.
• 100 percent dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to present RMS information to customers
• Experience at troubleshooting including in depth root cause analysis and corrective action closure.
• Master's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Comparable Engineering Degree
• Experience with ARP4761 or MIL-STD- 882
• Experience with ARP4754A, FAR 25, and AC25.1309
• Experience with MIL- HDBK-470 and MIL- HDBK-472
• Experience using Windchill/Relex Reliability Software
• 3D CAD model interrogation experience
• Experience working in an Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) environment
Colorado Springs, CO
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230