PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Industrial Cabin Onsite Rep-Engineer in Newport Beach, Cali
Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering leader for cabin & cargo Suppliers Program Management is responsible for the industrialization of the cabin & cargo supply chain for suppliers US area and cross-program. It is a key element of the new cabin program organization and strengthens the end to end (E2E) industrial management of cabin suppliers.
Industrialization Management of external cabin work packages: 60%
- Interface across a number of suppliers & manage respective work packages ranging from new product introduction (NPI) originating from new development of customization, transfers of work of cabin work packages (buy-buy & buy-make), in service issues, as well as final assembly line liaison for integration in aircraft, realization for rate ramp-up, recovery mission & onsite plateaus plus part modification (e.g. catalogue enrichment)
- Work closely with the supplier and hold regular industrial review meetings (IRMs) to monitor & drive the progress and maturity of the manufacturing readiness level (MRL)
- Evaluate the technical offers, general competencies, and manufacturing capability of suppliers & make the respective recommendations
- Coordinate manufacturing engineering work-flow from G5 till the industrial hand over to the supply chain quality organization (transfer to series) by securing on time key business deliverable maturity
- Oversee major customization modifications and in-service events with a change of the industrial set-up
- Act as industrial lead to engage activities on any First Part Qualification or First Article Inspection reports
- The working style is hands-on and in a "go, look and see / Gemba" type mentality rather than only documentation oriented
Trouble shooting of issues disrupting production: 30%
- Coordinate all industrial aspects linked to the work packages mentioned above and resolve any technical quality issues originated in the supply chain by working with the affected supplier and associated internal actors
- Look for improvements and opportunities in manufacturing process to solve and prevent issues and mitigate risks to production system
- Liaise with key customers and stakeholders to satisfy requirements and expectations
Methods, Tools, Processes: 20%
- Understand and apply company procedures and manuals and make use of and contribute to lessons learnt within the cabin organization
- Closely follows-up the design and manufacturing phase of the jigs and tools & manufacturing system together with the supplier and tooling sub-tier(s) and performs the acceptance process
- Challenges technically the proposed industrial solutions brought forth by suppliers in order to support cabin procurement
- Collect tool registers annually from each supplier with updated tool information and store it in corresponding IT tool
- Identify and mitigate associated risks in order to secure the stability of the supplier industrial system at all times at the best cost
Other duties as assigned:
The industrial Integrator constantly seeks to bring innovation and cost saving ideas into the work packages in his/her scope (design to cost, DtC).
Some specific activities:
- Overall cabin industrial leader and cabin program focal point within Program Management department
- Cross programme Industrial Coordinator for:
- New development
- Catalog Enrichment
- Transfer of Work
- In-service event
- Ensuring concurrent engineering & manufacturability of design
- Ensuring industrial system & manufacturing process robustness
- Ensuring production ramp up in a E2E manner (incl. upstream)
- Support creation of a standard industrial management process towards cabin supplier
- Technical support and coordination to / of RC convergence initiatives, technical abnormalities and concession eradication projects
For Additional Information on this Opening Please Contact Heidi Smith at 843-628-5380
Email Your Updated Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required: University Engineering degree
- Preferred: Aeronautics or Industrial post graduate education
- Required: 5 years in industrial environment working in cross functional team and with suppliers and/or customers.
- Preferred: 7+ years taking into account above experience and team and project coordination.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Required: Set up and improvement of industrial systems in aerospace; definition and improvement of end to end manufacturing process; trouble shooting in composite technologies.
- Preferred: be a team oriented member; ability to drive, coordinate and motivate transversal teams, both internal and external.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Required: Fluent communication and influencing skills in English language.
- 50 % Domestic and International