PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Contracts/Procurement Specialist position in Arlington, VA
Position Summary: The contracts/procurement specialist II provides contracts support from pre-award through contract close-out as well as technical, analytical, and administrative leadership and support in the production of responses to U.S. Government Solicitation requests (e. g. BAAs, Sources Sought, SIRs, RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs).
Contract Award, Contract Execution, and Contract Close-Out: 70%
- Prepare Non-Disclosure Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Service Agreements, Purchase Orders, Contracts, Subcontracts, and other contractual documents as directed.
- Research and analyze contractual issues in FAR/DFARS or other regulatory documentation to determine applicability and make recommendations.
- Identify subcontract flow-down terms and conditions and make recommendations. Interface with subcontractor affiliates, as directed. Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors.
- Administers contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity.
- Review edits received from Subcontractor affiliates during subcontract negotiations and propose recommendations. Coordinate and track edits during negotiations.
- Assemble contractual documentation utilizing existing templates when available. Propose new templates as necessary.
- Assemble subcontract award documentation utilizing existing templates when available.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating contract awards and subcontract awards. Ensure documentation is properly filed in hard copy files and electronically.
- Coordinate inputs, reviews, and approvals from Legal, Security, Export Control, and/or Program Management as required.
- Assist in accomplishing contract and subcontract closeouts.
- Assist in assembling/responding to requests for contractual data when required by the Company. Finance, DCAA, DCMA, and/or Senior Leadership.
Proposal Planning and Execution: 25%
- Support response actions in coordination with Capture Team (e. g. RFI responses, FMS case responses, simple proposal responses).
- Assist in planning and coordination of responses to U.S. Government Solicitation requests (e. g. BAAs, Sources Sought, SIRs, RFIs, RFPs, RFI, and RFQs).
- Participate in response team meetings with domestic and international response team members
- Interact with Lines of Business, Business Development, and functional areas as required to execute the preparation and production of response documents.
- Research and support more complex response actions in coordination with Capture Team (e. g. RFI responses, FMS case responses, moderately complex proposal responses).
- Participate in proposal review planning and execution, and management proposal reviews
- Develop volume book plans for responses.
Other duties as assigned: 5%
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and 2 to 5 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in place of a degree.
- Three years of experience in contracts or legal capacity, handling government and/or commercial contracts/subcontracts in an aerospace or similar industry.
- 2 to 5 years of experience interacting with the Department of Defense and other US Government programs.
- Experience in either the Government or aerospace and defense industry and familiarity with the U.S. Government proposal development and review processes.
- Experience in proposal document or comparable document generation is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR with a broad familiarity with Government contracting principles.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, solid follow-thru skills, and strong personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software applications, particularly MS Office, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Must be capable of managing multiple simultaneous tasks with potentially overlapping deadlines
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR requirements preferred.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Knowledge of Deltek CostPoint Procurement desired.
- 10% Domestic and International
- US citizenship is required
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Make recommendations regarding document negotiation positions.
- Collaborates with Line of Business Capture Team Leadership.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved in communication daily with internal and external parties