PDS is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for open positions in Savannah, GA
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope
2. Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities
3. Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge
4. Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas
5. Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements
6. Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives
7. Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
8. Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Thirteen (13) yrs specific technical discipline or fifteen (15) yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Mechanical Engineer required for Completions Design / Aircraft Cabin Interiors.
Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft.
Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
Knowledgeable with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam.
Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
Design assignments Item Installation Analysis, Similarity Analysis and Mount Configuration along with any other required items.
Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods are executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule.
Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
Preferred skills: Mechanical Interior Design, CATIA, Smarteam, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel and Power Point.