PDS is seeking candidates for a Medical Communications Director, in Whippany, NJ.
Medical Communication, Information, Publication and Digital, is the department within Medical Affairs, responsible for all medical information communication and Medical review of promotion materials plus also we are managing Publication strategy for Us medical affairs, we are also leading the digital innovation in medical affairs with major projects focusing on digital solutions.
The Assistant Director Medical Affairs Communications / Medical & Digital Innovation is responsible for supporting Medical Affairs Communications function within a given therapeutic area, or specific assigned product.
This includes responsibility for specific products within the therapeutic area.
The Assistant Director is responsible for providing accurate, timely, unbiased, and up-to-date medical & scientific information to internal and external customers. The incumbent carries out this role in accordance with departmental SOPs, client corporate policy, and other legal & regulatory requirements.
The incumbent will also support the implementation of medical digital and transformation initiatives in close collaboration with Medical Digital.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the medical information review of advertising and promotional materials on their assigned therapeutic areas, ensuring that information is scientifically accurate and medically appropriate.
- Directs or participates in the approval process for custom and standard inquiry responses. Reviews all standard responses within the therapeutic area of responsibility for accuracy, relevance, and timeliness prior to final approval by the Director or Senior Director.
- Act as Medical Information personnel who is validating accurate and up-to-date information which are provided to external customers and facilitates the search, review and interpretation of medical and scientific data.
- Medical review and approval of all Advertising & Promotion and Sales Training materials. Medical Affairs representative for LMR (Legal, Medical, Regulatory) team for assigned products and or therapeutic area.
- Reviews the scientific literature to develop content for new Medical Content standard letters and FAQs and revisions of existing letters for a Bayer disease state area combining clinical experience with critical analysis of clinical literature to synthesize an appropriate solution to a customer-specific, drug related problem while keeping within legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Respond to verbal, written, and electronic medical/product inquiries from Healthcare Professionals, (e.g., Physicians, Pharmacists, Nurses), Consumers, accounts, Insurance and Government personnel that have been escalated from Customer Care Services (Call Center).
- Incumbent supports the US Medical Transformation Strategy by collaborating closely with North American teams to advance US digital initiatives
- Helps and support the digital initiatives (such as the medical information portal and adoption of new technologies) ensuring successful evaluation, execution, and services
- Investigates innovative digital opportunities that support appropriate healthcare professional use of Bayer medicines.
- Ensures tracking and reporting on key quantitative and qualitative metrics and KPIs of relevant initiatives and tools.
- Understands and utilizes all appropriate information technology applications in the discharge of responsibilities. Performs work within IT systems that is aligned with approved procedures and with continuing efforts to improve efficiency.
- A Healthcare Professional (PharmD, PhD, MD) with at least 1 year experience within a pharmaceutical or medical device company; or equivalent clinical experience required.
- Preferred any IT degree or courses/ certificates
Skill & Competency Requirements:
- At least 1 year experience within a pharmaceutical or medical device company; or equivalent clinical experience required.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Experience in the development, application, and management of digital technologies to existing business problems or practices, preferably in medical applications. This may include electronic tools, systems, devices and resources that generate, store, manage or process data, for example: multimedia and web-based technologies, and mobile applications.
- Project management skills
- Oncology or Cardiology experience
- Proven track record of digital initiatives