This individual will work in the Experimental Engineering department and will be responsible for conducting R&D and certification ground/flight tests. The candidate will be responsible for test preparation, planning instrumentation installations, instrumentation and equipment calibration, programming data acquisition software, data reduction, and test reporting. He/she will assist in test conformities and TIA preparation, participate in FAA certification projects, support safety of flight briefings, and assist other Engineering Groups on an “as needed/as available” basis depending upon his/her other skills and abilities.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
This individual will be responsible for R&D and certification ground/flight tests, including:
• Reviewing proposed projects and developing compliance and test matrices
• Planning, writing, and/or reviewing test plans and reports
• Programming data acquisition software
• Data reduction
• Planning aircraft flight and ground test instrumentation installations
• Instrumentation and equipment calibration
• Conducting weight and balance and maintaining records
• Conducting ground/flight tests, including pilot coordination and pre/post flight briefings as required
• Coordination and preparation of test conformities and TIA activities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Physics, or related field.
• An understanding of aircraft structure and systems, rotorcraft dynamics, aerodynamics, and powerplant.
• An understanding of FAA rules, regulations, and certification processes.
• An understanding of and ability to write test practices and procedures.
• Experience with strain gauges, instrumentation, and wiring.
• Intermediate understanding of data acquisition software (LabView and/or Matlab preferred).
• Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
• Superior problem solving skills.
• Superior communication skills (verbal and written).
• An ability to work multiple projects and multi-task.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Works with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within a team.
The following are desirable, but not required:
• FAA A&P License
• FAA Pilot License
• Understanding of Microsoft Access
• Basic design skills (SolidWorks, CADKey)
GLOBAL SEARCH AGENCY INC
1942 CHERRY TREE LN
FAIRFIELD, IA 52556