STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring Facilities Technicians for open positions in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
Individual will work closely with the Facilities Maintenance Coordinator and Facilities Supervisor to support facilities systems, building and grounds activities. In addition this individual will support the activities of other groups within the Facilities Department.
• Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
• Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on all electrical equipment and systems to include Switchgear, Motors, Transformers, VFD’s, Lighting and Overhead Cranes.
• Performs routine preventative and corrective maintenance of building, grounds, heating and ventilation and air conditioning systems.
• Overall responsibility for the maintenance and repair of building system infrastructure, including upkeep of buildings, grounds, equipment and electrical systems.
• Provide basic maintenance and repair of plumbing systems as directed, to include repair of leaking fixtures, unclogging drains.
• Troubleshoot, maintain and perform basic repair of minor building electrical problems, such as changing lamps, ballasts, fixtures, switches, outlets.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Supervisor.
• Duties may require the self-performance of certain activities relating to projects
• Individual will also be responsible for the self- performance of task related to the building and grounds maintenance.
• Understand and review all phases of construction inspection, facility inspection, and project monitoring related to space planning and renovation.
• Review construction plans and detailed specifications to ensure alignment of project requirements.
• Understand construction methods, materials, processes, and sequences of installation.
• Assist in the logistics of contractor/supplier mobilization to perform work.
• Assist in the coordination of contractor/supplier support for warranty repair execution.
• Inspect completed work for defects and compliance with priority, scheduling, and specifications/requirements.
• Complete/track work orders assigned by the Maintenance or Projects Supervisor.
• Interface proficiently with Company’s CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• Coordinate/oversee contracted services during the performance of work.
• Respond to equipment breakdowns and emergencies during off-hours.
• Oversee and perform quality checks for planned work in the absence of supervisor.
• Assist in the development of short interval schedules in coordination with planned work activities.
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
• Assists with inspections on life safety systems to include but not limited to fire extinguishers, fire pumps, emergency lighting and power generators, back-up power systems and elevators.
• Notifies Supervisor of corrective actions needed.
• Adheres to safety policies, industrial practices. Performs other duties assigned, including emergency call-in and shift rotation.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate with four or more years of progressive and practical experience in HVAC or electrical systems.
• Degree or certificate in HVAC or an Associate’s of Science Degree or related technology with a minimum of two (2+) years of experience
• Basic knowledge of facilities maintenance and repair concepts required. Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Office programs). Clean driving record and criminal background history.
• CAD experience a plus.
• Must be able to work any shift that client management determines necessary to support production demands.
• Must possess the ability to troubleshoot equipment and system breakdowns utilizing schematics, drawings and equipment manuals.
• Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
• Self-starter and team player.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints.
• Knowledge of doors/hardware (locksets, door closures, frames).
• Basic understanding to advanced knowledge of PLC systems.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
• Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
• Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
• Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
• Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
• Effectively communicate in Business English language.
• Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
• Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
STS AEROSTAFF SERVICES
STS AeroStaff Services
2000 NE JENSEN BEACH BLVD
JENSEN BEACH, FL 34957