The individual is responsible for executing projects in proper direction to obtain a certified seat structure. He/she would stand as technical specialist for design validation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Recommend strategies for all design validation activities with respect to applicable requirements by utilizing analytical process and testing as necessary to the DV group.
B. Will scrutinize all the analyses done by design validation engineers and propose new ideas to them.
C. Implement analytical approach and help DV staff in establishing decent correlation with test data.
D. Mentor the Design Validation Engineers and mold them per department requirements.
E. Will be responsible for software license follow up and its proper implementation.
F. Responsible for planning cost effective and robust design visions with Lead design validation engineer.
G. Comply with Zodiac Seats procedures (QAP) and certification internal procedures.
H. Responsible for analyzing weight saving structure and building tested material data base used for finite element models
I. Will be responsible for building PSM (Prescribe structure models) models.
J. Will actively work on inflatables and airbag projects.
K. Responsible for developing new ideas to control HIC (head injury criteria).
L. Provides status and schedule updates to department head and other appropriate entities on a regular basis.
M. Responsible for answering design related questions pertaining to failure of composites and seat structure.
N. Will be working simultaneously with test lab manager to obtain useful test data.
O. Advising Leads/Manager/Directors for new processes
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Must have strong background for finite element modeling tools and solvers.
2. Must have strong understanding of dynamic test modes conducted at ZSUS per FAA requirements.
3. Must have vast knowledge of airbags and occupant restraint systems along with seat structure.
4. Familiarity of FMVSS/consumers requirement is preferred but not mandatory.
5. Must have excellent knowledge of ATDs (Anthropomorhic test dummy) hardware and model.
6. Minimum of 6-8 years FEA experience using LS-Dyna, Altair HyperWorks suite.
Experience with solvers like Madymo, ABAQUS, PAMCRASH, NASTRAN is preferred.
7. Must have strong unix/linux or window based system knowledge.
8. Knowledge of composites is required.
9. Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
10. Must be detail oriented and have sound engineering judgment.
11. Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
12. Good knowledge of Radioss, Primer, ESI-visual is preferred.
13. Must be able to communicate efficiently in writing and verbally.
14. Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
15. Must be able to generate documents such as, plans, data sheets and reports.
16. Must have ability to analyze CAD drawings.
17. Must have dynamic and static testing experience.
18. Basic Pro/E/CATIA skill is preferred.
19. Familiarity with FAA regulations, Boeing/Airbus specifications is preferred.
20. Must be able to communicate well with internal departments, customers, and regulatory agencies.
21. Must be presentable and write technical presentations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must have a M.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 6-8 yr. of FEA related experience.
LS Dyna experience, minimum of 6 years required.
Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
Must have the ability to generate written communication and to operate required office equipment. Ability to read and review written communication. Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English.
Ability to solve problems and think strategically
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time while working with computers and viewing computer monitors, and other office equipment alternated with periods of standing and walking. This position also requires extensive walking/standing to participate in activities on the shop floor. Time period may vary from day to day. Finger dexterity needed in using misc. office equipment such as telephone, typing, ten key, fax, copy machine etc. Bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to approximately twenty pounds are required during tasks related to the job.
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to waiver qualification requirements when experience levels are exceptional.
$70K to $90K
714 CENTERPARK DR STE 140
COLLEYVILLE, TX 76034-2852