USPRO is woman-owned and operated contract staffing agency that places talented individuals nationwide in the following industries: Aerospace & Defense, Manufacturing & Healthcare.
Active Secret Clearance REQUIRED - must have last investigation completed within the past 4 years and 6 months as this is part of a Special Access Program (SAP)
- Talented Sr. Composite Structure Analysis Engineer with experienced in composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft and experience with the characterization of composite materials with ASTM standard tests.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Highly motivated structural analysis engineer with composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft.
- The candidate should also have experience with the characterization of composite materials with ASTM standard tests.
- Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the analysis of laminates, sandwich structures, bonded and bolted assemblies, and leading composite material characterization activities including: authoring test plans and test reports, data reduction and calculation of material allowables.
- Active Secret Clearance issued by the US Department of Defense with the last investigation completion date within the past 4 years and 6 months as this is a Special Access Program
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in design engineering function
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Abaqus and/or Nastran. (5-15 years, Nastran-NX preferred)
- Static structural and structural/thermal analysis
- Buckling, stability, and modal analysis
- Loads definition
- Material characterization testing
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Proficiency with NX, Catia V5, Fibersim, MSC Marc, Altair Hyperworks/Optistruct, and Hypersizer are also desirable
- Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim to generate finite element models
- Script writing, workflow automation
- Constitutive Model Development and implementation
- Requirements definition and verification
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related