PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Staff Software Engineer, in Melbourne, FL.
Position is a contract to hire Software Engineer that will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
The E-2D program is seeking a software engineer to support multiple E-2D programs.
Their responsibilities would include:
- Full Lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of software.
- Work with various sub teams to integrate functionality with other IPTs.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Develop SW products from all phases of SW life cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university plus 14 years of software engineering experience OR Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 12 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++ or Ada.
- Experience with Linux.
- An active DoD Interim Secret or Secret level clearance.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills.
- Experience in Software Test.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite and tools like git and Confluence.
- Familiarity with Agile software development process.
- DOORS experience.
- Eclipse or other integrated development environment (IDE).
- Knowledge of Linux systems with basic commands.
- Familiar with aircraft systems/subsystems architectures (i.e., CNI, vehicle, cockpit, …).
- Experience with OpenGL.