Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking a Braking Systems Specialist for ATA 32 for the Regional Jet Program.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, Engineers may be requested to relocate to Seattle or Moses Lake (Washington State, USA) where aircraft flight testing is performed.
The Engineer will work on Landing Gear Systems and Hydraulic Systems with the development and certification of the regional jet. In particular with the Braking Systems design including both hardware and software. The work scope includes but is not limited to the following:
- Evaluating the current design, with respect to compliance to all applicable braking systems requirements including those related to the airworthiness regulations of JCAB/FAA and EASA.
- Review and validation of the requirements for the braking systems.
- Coordinating integration of design changes originated from requirements, analysis, testing etc.
- Leading verification and showing of compliance activities including: Design Reviews, Inspections, Analysis, Technical Calculations, Simulation, Rig Tests, Ground and Flight Tests, Inspections, and Equipment Qualification.
- Interfacing with the team members and all other stakeholders including: Design, Systems, Structures, Performance, Electrical power, Test, Flight Operations, Manufacturing, Customer Support, Suppliers etc.
- Managing the technical requirements of contracts with applicable system suppliers and other interfacing suppliers as appropriate.
- Providing expertise to assist in resolving the braking systems performance during Rig testing, and Ground and Flight testing.
- Preparation and review of certification documentation for the braking systems.
- Presenting and discussing the braking systems design and compliance with the Airworthiness Authorities (JCAB/ FAA and EASA).
- Preparing and maintaining planning inputs for the braking systems activities including schedule and resourcing.
- Delegation and management of the brake systems team member responsibilities.
- Reporting of the braking systems progress and issues to management.
- Performing Engineering governance in accordance with processes.
- Education of team members about professional knowledge in braking systems design and certification.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering; Mechanical or Aerospace preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with aircraft Braking Systems.
- Experience with team leadership and management.
- Strong working knowledge of civil aircraft Pat 25 regulations and associated guidance material, specifications, and aerospace recommended practices.
- Ability to lead discussions with airworthiness authorities.
- Experience with system integration leading discussions with suppliers.
- Requirements Validation and Verification experience including knowledge of ARP4754 and use of IBM DOORS.
- Knowledge and experience with equipment qualification in accordance with DO160.
- Experience with system rig testing and aircraft ground and flight test.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Project management experience is beneficial.