PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an FAA Assembly Mechanic in Torrance, CA.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a solid background and experience in the client's Mechanical R & O processes to move into the role of Mechanic Assembly I supporting our Torrance R & O team.
- Strong Computer skills needed in an SAP application, the ability to use and learn this system quickly ability to review unit shortages and assist planning team when needed
- Willing to support all aspects from disassemble, analytical and assemble, and final out
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to support specific government programs and projects.
- 3-5 plus years experience as a mechanic in a repair and overhaul shop or similar OEM EQ, Aerospace aircraft sub-assembly products.
- Experience in Turbo machinery, Cooling turbines & fans, outflow valves, actuators assembles
- Disassembling, be flexible to work disassemble, clean, assemble as desired
- Knowledge of basic shop math, including calculating end play, face clearance.
- Performs multi-tasks with minimal supervision
- Work well in a team-oriented environment as well as promotes and encourages teamwork and team building
- Ability to Read and write in the English language
- Ability and willingness to work occasional overtime, including weekends
- Lifting is generally at or below 30Lbs. without significant repetitions.
- Moderate exposure to machinery, chemical, biological, and physical risks is anticipated.
- Operation of a Powered industrial truck is considered at least Industrial and may be considered Heavy as determined by other exposures.