PDS is seeking a Engineering Contractor 3 (MRB Systems) for open positions in Tulsa, OK
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of corporate aircraft products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
MRB Systems Engineer
- Bachelors degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 7 years Systems MRB Engineering experience at a recognized aerospace manufacturer.
- Experience should include creation and justification of engineering dispositions related to composite nacelle systems.
- Aircraft MRB Systems experience should include: ECS installations, Auxiliary mechanism verifications, assistance with movable component installation and rigging, Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) deviations and resolution, installation and operational verification of nacelle components ( fixed cowl, hinged cowl doors, TR,etc.).
- Experience should be in a Production and/or schedule-driven environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate (such as, but not limited to: Catia V5, SAP, Solumina, Smarteam, Word, Excel)
- Typically a 40 hr work week, with some week/weekend OT a possibility.
- Position is full-time GAC facility in Tulsa, OK. Short-term assignments in Riverside, CA and/or Foley, AL may be required.