Pay Rate: $55-60/hr maybe more for the right candidate
**Active DoD Secret Clearance required
Tool Engineer to work in a composite aircraft and rocket motor fabrication environment.
• Project manages internal and external engineering personnel resources to provide production quality rocket motor and aircraft tooling in support of development programs
• Concepts and designs special tooling within an Integrated Product Team structure
• Manages tooling technical, quality and schedule
• Uses and/or manages Computer Aided Design (CAD) resources for tooling design
• Works with vendors to ensure successful fabrication of tooling
• Witnesses source inspection of special tooling at fabrication locations
• Proofs tooling upon receipt
• Maintains tooling documentation related to design, fabrication and proofing
• Provides tooling estimates for new tools
Education and Experience Requirements:
BS/MS in Mechanical, Aerospace or Civil Engineering, or related field plus a minimum of 2 years experience with BS or 0 years experience with MS in engineering. Preference given to candidates with experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
• DoD Secret Clearance required
• Design experience using 3D CAD systems (CATIA V5, NX) preferred
• NX experience preferred over CATIA V5
• Closed form and/or FEA stress analytical capability preferred
• Experience with project management including budget, schedule and technical
• Experience with design, fabrication and installation of tooling for rocket motor and/or aircraft composite parts and assemblies
• Experience with general metallic fabrication including welding, machining, and forming.
402 N B ST
FAIRFIELD, IA 52556