Machine Operator III
PDS Tech is looking for Machine Operators III in Pleasant Prairie WI!
This position will set up and operate an extrusion line and related equipment to apply plastic coating over single conductors or cabled wire. Employees will work around machinery with moving parts, heavy equipment, moving objects, powered industrial trucks, and powered pallet jacks. Plant conditions may have exposure to odors, fumes, metal dust, and plastics.
• Read and understand manufacturing specification and follow operating standards
• Setup and operate extrusion machines and related equipment with correct tooling per job specifications
• Run the operation of extrusion line and related equipment, including application of correct print legend, load of raw materials, and unload finished products
• Complete testing and quality checks continuously during process. Responsible to maintain correct wire size, insulation thickness and concentricity, tensile and elongation, electrical tests, and any other quality requirements as per quality control plan and SOS
• Operate, inspect, and maintain quality equipment used for measuring and traceability
• Meet daily targets for safety, quality, productivity, and scrap and complete any required reports
• Maintain continuous attention to safety and follow all Genesis Safety Policies and Procedures including but not limited to the Golden rules, safety observation card, cell risk assessment, PPE
• Maintain continuous attention to quality and follow all Genesis Quality Policies and Procedures including but not limited to ISO 9000, UL/ETL/CSA requirements
• Crosstrain, learn and be flexible to work in different areas to fulfill costumer demands
• Maintain flexibility when schedules changes to meet company priorities
• Occasionally assist in training of co-workers in the extrusion process
• Proper reporting of inventory and scrap manually or ERP system
• Support Genesis operating system including but not limited to continuous improvement activities, 5S (clearing, organization of the work center, housekeeping of the plant), and total preventive maintenance
• Identify problems and escalate to the proper channels. Attend to any mechanical problems promptly as they arise.
• Flexibility and adaptability required, able to execute additional tasks as needed to balance workload between sub-processes and efficiently match customer demand or takt time. Must be willing to work in multiple roles as required, leveraging training and expertise to achieve optimal outcomes.
• +6 months of previous experience in extrusion or injection equipment operation
• Continuous standing and walking throughout standard 8-hour shift, plus any overtime required
• Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
• Ability to push, pull, and lift items of varying weight throughout the shift
• Team collaboration, flexibility, positive attitude, good communication skills including listening, processing and follow instructions, able to work independently, computer skills, troubleshooting of mechanical problems
• Ability to work in a warm/humid environment during summer months
• +12 months of previous experience in operation of extrusion equipment for cable wire industry within the previous 2 years
• Training and experience running multiple extrusion machines and running extrusion lines in both of Genesis extrusion processes: primary and jacket.
• Continuous improvement oriented and results driven
• Fluent in English
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC