PDS Tech is seeking a PLM Configuration Analyst II for an open position in Savannah, GA
- Perform engineering work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading CAD and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications and processes.
- Responsible for tasks related to the development and deployment of systems, methodologies, standards and processes that result in the ability to create and manage high fidelity digital data for products.
- Independently perform tasks defined in the project plan to ensure PLM systems integrity and manage all product configuration data and information throughout the product's lifecycle
- Determine user needs and define technical contents for the development of training courses for CAD and PLM Applications.
- Direct team members on a daily basis regarding requirements, solutions and implementation strategy.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create plans according to schedules, for engineering assignments, and act independently to carry them out.
2. Responsible for engineering feasibility of CAD and PLM solutions for complex assignments or full project of minor complexity.
3. Direct activities for lower level engineering staff assigned to specific projects.
4. Interpret user needs to determine engineering and product data requirements, CAD and PLM functional requirements, perform analysis and create action plans to implement process and data modeling to meet user needs.
5. Tailor CAD and PLM applications functionality, to established requirements, policies and procedures.
6. Determine user needs and utilize system queries and utilities to support users information research.
7. Direct the testing and implementation of new deployment or revisions to the CAD and PLM systems.
8. Design and develop business reports and system status metrics.
Additional Functions: 1. Provide training on new functionalities and upgrades. 2. Ensure compliance with FAA regulatory requirements for management and control of all type design data. 3. Maintain a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in a specific discipline and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of the company product. Perform other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate must possess the following:
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related curriculum required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Six (6) years of engineering or IT experience required. Three (3) years of experience with CAD and/or PDM tools required. (CATIA and ENOVIA SMARTEAM preferred).
3 years of Database experience, data migration/conversion or related experience preferred.
1. Experience with CAD and PDM tools (CATIA and ENOVIA LCA, VPM preferred).
2. Previous experience with digital pre-assembly of product components (aerospace preferred).
3. Experience in process mapping and other process improvement techniques preferred.
4. Familiarity with computer-aided design, manufacturing and product data management systems.
5. Basic knowledge of design engineering and manufacturing engineering applications and processes.
6. Proven computer literacy that includes PC Windows environment with specific skills in MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and MS Project.
7. Must have strong interpersonal skills, self motivated, and a general understanding of engineering/manufacturing data requirements and design tools.
Experience developing EKL, KBE, Knowledge Patterns, UDF and Product Document Templates with CATIA V5 required Experience with VB, VB.NET and CAA for CATIA V5 preferred Experience developing EKL with 3DExperience / CATIA V6 preferred