PDS Tech is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering III-Power plant, & Fuel for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or ten (10) yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Applicant needs knowledge / expertise in Part 25 certification of Powerplant Systems. Systems include Inlets, Cowls, Doors, TR and the engine. Areas can include Requirements V&V (ARP4754A), Fire Protection, Flammable Fluid Drainage, Cooling & Ventilation, Pneumatic performance, Fuel Systems, Environmental Control Systems (ECS) and APU operation.
- Certification includes development of certification plans, qualification plans, qualification test plans, qualification test results, Issue Papers/CRIs, summary of compliance reports (SCRs), EASA validation reports and foreign certification. Experience as a Cognizant Engineer in part or wholly through the development, release and testing of hardware (PDR, CDR and TC configuration) is desired.
- Analytical experience in the design or performance modeling of Powerplant systems would be a discriminator. Familiarity with 14-CFR Part 23 / 25 regulations would be an advantage.