PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Test Engineer in Guilford, CT
We are seeking a strong candidate to work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers, software developers, chemists, and molecular biologists to help develop cutting edge DNA sequencing instrumentation used in both research and regulated markets. The role will support design testing and verification of the instrument hardware and control software used in these products. This individual will be working closely with hardware and software engineers to verify the designs meet our product specifications.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute verification and validation test protocols to support the commercial release of DNA sequencing hardware and control software.
- Document test results and communicate issues quickly to design team during all stages of development on both new and existing product lines.
- Develop and release test documentation under an ISO design control process.
- Assist in designing test fixtures for testing subassemblies.
- Minimum BS in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in testing electromechanical sub-assemblies, test report generation, and release of documentation within an ISO design control processes
- 2+ years’ experience in instrumentation development in Biotechnology, medical device, or similar industries.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must understand best-practice quality processes
- Capable of understanding system requirements and have experience developing / executing test plans & protocols
- It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, and willing to work hands-on in executing a variety of activities