Aerospace Composites Lab Technician, Fort Worth, TX
Composites Lab Technician, Fort Worth, TX
You will report to the onsite Engineering Manager. Cyient takes pride in partnering with the world's leading Aerospace & Defense companies to deliver value-driven and outcome-based engineering solutions. We undertake design and system-level ownership of complex components, sub-systems, and modules to allow our clients to sustain a competitive advantage.
We collaborate with clients to support and deliver a wide range of end-to-end product and process engineering solutions across the Aerospace & Defense product segments - engines, avionics, structures, systems, interiors, aftermarket, digital, and defense.
• Lay up, bagging, and curing of composite and metal bonded panels; including setting running an autoclave.
• Machining, drilling, trimming and end tabbing of composite test specimens.
• Adhesive bonding with both paste and film adhesives, apply primers.
• Setting up and performing mechanical tests on various test coupon configurations; mechanical testing to include both static and fatigue tests, with and without strain gauges or extensometers, over wide range of temperatures.
• Conduct Destructive Testing & Evaluation of different production aircraft components and write summary technical report of the findings and conclusions.
• Lead mini projects (Test Requests) through all stages to completion; interfacing with the customer when needed.
Associates Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Materials Science, Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Engineering or FAA A & P Certification.
• Have a mechanical aptitude
• Technical knowledge of the application of adhesives, sealants, primers and composites.
• Perform composite layup, bagging and curing, machining, bonding, and including the ability to run an autoclave.
• use all equipment commonly used for composite specimen preparation (oven, grinder, drill press, cutting machine, band saws, platen press)
• Have a working knowledge of mechanical testing using automated equipment and data acquisition systems.
• Have above average level of technical writing abilities and demonstrate ability to use advanced computer software tools.
• Read and interpret material and process specifications computerized drawings and associated parts lists.
• Years of aerospace related composite experience required 3+
Citizenship: US Citizenship required
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.
Fort Worth, TX
1401 NOLAN RYAN EXPY
ARLINGTON, TX 76011