PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Engineer II, Software Test
How will you make an impact?
The Engineer II, Systems and Software Test will develop test protocols thorough understanding of the specifications and requirements of the system under development for the Flow Cytometry group within our Biosciences Division. As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for planning and implementing tests that prove the functional and non-functional requirements of the system working closely with the software and systems engineering teams. Test protocols will be developed using the specification level stories and then executed in an agile process using sprints to verify the story criteria have been achieved. The test protocols will then be compiled into a formal plan to verify the final software and instrument configuration meets all the requirements for commercialization.
What will you do?
- Develop a thorough understanding of the requirements (both explicit and implicit) of the system under development
- Develop test cases and a test plan based on the requirements, specifications and release schedules.
- Review tests, stories and specifications for testability and provide feedback to test and development teams as needed.
- Execute test cases described and documented in the test plan during the development cycle and formal product verification.
- Identify failures during test execution and log appropriate information needed for the developer to understand, reproduce, and address the issue
- Exercise good judgment determining priority and severity of defects
- Champion and track resolution of identified software and system issues.
- Document and monitor testing outcomes and establish steps to remedy problems
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and improve processes to testing procedures.
- Detailed understanding of how to properly document test cases and create effective and focused testing plans and reports.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physical or Natural Sciences, related field, or equivalent experience.
- One to two years professional experience in commercial systems or software testing.
- Scientific background in biological sciences preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues and determine root cause of defects
- Working knowledge of software testing concepts and systematic testing
- Working knowledge of systems and software integration testing (preferred but not required)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows based operating systems
- Demonstrated risk-based mindset when evaluating and communicating test results and defects.
- Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead testing of individual system components as well as fully integrated platforms.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently as well as being a team player
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
- Previous industrial product development experience
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum product development principles
- Working knowledge with HPALM test software and JIRA software.
- Knowledge of Biology or other related science (flow cytometry a plus).
- Working knowledge of automated test tools and their implementation