PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Scientist role in West Hills, CA
How will you make an impact?
The Scientist III, Molecular Biology serves as a technical lead to explore new technologies and identify creative and robust solutions to overcome current technological limitations in molecular diagnostic products for transplant medicine. As a member of the Molecular Biology R&D team, you will be responsible for designing and performing experiments and conducting data analysis for research, development, improvement, and troubleshooting of HLA gene typing products or related projects. You will need to be self-motivated and handle independent tasks with the understanding of how those tasks tie into the bigger picture.
What will you do?
- Design and conduct experiments for the development, improvement, and troubleshooting of molecular diagnostic products in the field of transplantation
- Analyze data, compile, compose and present reports on a regular basis
- Assist in all validation and verification efforts as well as maintenance of documents, equipment and reagents
- Assist in feasibility studies for new projects
- Function as a lead for time-sensitive projects and provide support to immediate team for successful completion of projects
- Prepare SOPs, study plans, reports and other internal documents
- Participate in interdepartmental activities and research efforts, and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Conduct literature search, proactively monitor relevant diagnostic market, propose ideas for innovation, and write proposals for grants or manuscripts for publication
How will you get here?
- B.S. in the Biological Sciences is required. Graduate degree in Biological Science is preferred. Molecular Biology degree preferred
- Minimum laboratory experience post-graduation in academic or R&D industrial environment is 5 years for B.S and 3 years for M.S.
- Experience in development, optimization, and validation of molecular assays, preferably clinical diagnostic tests
- Specific knowledge of molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques
- Experience with SSP, SSO and DNA sequencing
- Experience with Real-time Quantitative PCR with SYBR Green or TaqMan probes preferred
- Experience with primer and probe designs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Pragmatic self-starter who can manage self, motivate others, and operate effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Broad and deep knowledge in molecular biology and relevant techniques, DNA isolation and quantification, gene amplification methods, quantitative PCR, Sanger sequencing, and other relevant technologies
- Well-founded formal problem-solving skills. Experience in designing experiments and interpreting complex data, and solve challenging issues to improve product performance with innovative approaches
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Time management skills to handle a variety of assigned tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with other departments as a technical representative to assist in process improvement, customer inquiries, staff training as needed
- Well-developed written skills to prepare regular and routine reports, reviews, and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to initiate and conduct literature search, propose ideas for new products or product improvement and manage feasibility studies from conception to development under minimal supervision.