PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Contract Manager, in Herndon, VA.
The Contracts Manager (Contract) is responsible for "cradle to grave" administrative of Federal contracts, including identification and resolution of complex procurement and contract issues.
This assignment is expected to be approximately twelve (12) months in duration.
Contracts Management 50%
- Administers complex contractual and proposal activities for U.S. Government, predominantly DOD, contracts.
- Identify and resolve contract issues, risk areas, and implications of emerging contractual issues.
- Prepares and/or reviews contracts, subcontracts, modifications, bids, and invoices for content and accuracy.
- Review contracts, modifications, bids, and invoices for content and accuracy.
Proposal Development 50%
- Analyzes and administers complex proposal activities for U.S. Government, predominantly DOD, contracts. Participates in negotiations.
- Identify and resolve proposal issues, bid strategy, risk areas, and implications of emerging contractual issues.
- Drafts agreements, such as teaming agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, proposals, purchase orders, contracts and subcontracts.
- Examines detailed costs and determines if labor hours and materials are fair and reasonable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree is related discipline or combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience with US Government Contracts, preferably in private industry.
- 8+ years of direct acquisition experience with an emphasis in contract negotiation, pricing, placement and management.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of FAR/DFARS regulations.
- Must have experience in working on proposals for U.S. Government requirements, and have hands on experience with both cost and fixed price type contracts.
- Knowledgeable of the principles of subcontract management.
- Must have familiarity with the U.S. Government proposal review processes, cost allow ability and auditing procedures.
- Must be a team player willing to ensure projects are completely accurately and in a timely manner.
- Must have a high degree of integrity, work well with others, and protect the company's interests while assuring customer satisfaction.
- Must maintain orderly files and documentation.
- Solid understanding of DOD and civilian agencies contracting methods, experience in working on proposals for U.S. Government requirements; knowledgeable of the principles of subcontract management; familiarity with the U.S. Government proposal review processes, cost allow ability and auditing procedures.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Strong written and oral skills in English
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Current knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office as an intermediate user.
- Experience with Cost Point Procurement
- 10-20% Domestic and International