PDS is looking for an Stress Engineer Specialist in Wichita, KS:
In your role, you will:
• Perform structural analysis using classical stress analysis methods and finite element analysis on all types of aircraft structure.
• Write structural substantiations reports that meet technical requirements for the program and certifying authority.
• Assess primary structure, secondary structure, and flight test installations from a static strength analysis perspective.
• Review structure and installations from a fatigue and damage tolerance perspective
Qualifications:As our ideal candidate,
- You must have a Bachelor of Science degree or above in Engineering from an accredited University.
- You must have a minimum of 5 years engineering experience in stress analysis.
- You must have proficiency in FEM tools (i.e. Patran and Nastran).
- You must have proficiency with all Microsoft Office software applications.
- You have proficiency with CATIA V5.
- Proficiency with NASGRO or similar industry standard crack growth analysis software is preferred but not required.
- You have an understanding of civil aircraft certification rules and experience in certification procedures.
- You must have excellent communication and listening skills, and the ability to interface constructively and effectively in a cross functional team environment.
- You must be able to work independently and efficiently multitask.
- You must have a good understanding of aircraft structural load path and have experience with analysis methodologies for various primary and secondary structural components.
- You are eligible to view and handle ITAR material.