This position is with a leading Aerospace & Defense company. The work will occur at their West Palm Beach, FL facility. This is a 18 month W2 Contract with possible extension
Purpose of Job:
Supports, performs, and manages varied duties relating to the development, control, and maintenance of new and existing complex systems configurations.
1. Investigate and analyze project requirements and operating problems and develop recommended solutions to meet company governmental safety and performance standards including Minimum Equipment List (MEL)
3. Evaluates, selects, applies, and/or adapts engineering modifications; designs or recommends new or modified parts and components;
4. Analyzes reparability of parts and components
5. Evaluates operating data on parts, components, and systems to establish causes and to determine remedies for wear, malfunctions, or premature removals
6. Analyzes and evaluates aircraft and associated equipment proposals; prepares technical data, procedures, reports, drawings, manuals, and other required publications.
Education & Experience:
• Appropriate degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• A&P license preferred.
• Must possess previous aviation and or helicopter flight line experience
• Previous experience with lean manufacturing principles and processes highly preferred
• Requires strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Candidate should be customer focused and a team player
• Candidate should be self-motivated and goal oriented
• Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills for use at all levels of the organization such as coworkers, management and internal/external customers
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Products specifically Excel and Project
• The ability to create aircraft weight & balance sheets preferred
• Must be a US Person
• Be able to travel to support offsite testing