Now Hiring Aircraft Powerplant Engineers!
STS AeroStaff Services is now offering Aircraft Powerplant Engineer jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada. To learn more, check out the following information.
Are you tired of working the same dead-end contract positions? If so, STS AeroStaff Services offers the best aerospace engineering jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada; positions that will reward your skills with competitive compensation and benefits. When it comes to your career as an Aircraft Powerplant Engineer, don’t just wing it. Let STS AeroStaff Services help you fly your career forward!
At this point in the post, you can read on, apply online or contact an STS Recruiter at 1-877-707-5767.
The Aircraft Power Plant Engineer is responsible for developing engineering solutions to enhance reliability and affect repair to the aircraft engines/fleet. Provides oversight and engineering expertise to contracted repair agencies conducting heavy maintenance, field repairs, engine shop repair and repairs to engine components. This position also advises and provides technical expertise to Line Maintenance to ensure on-time fleet operations.
• Research and provide data for the development of modifications to improve engine/fleet reliability
• Conduct on-wing engine performance evaluations/diagnostics with issue resolution
• Maintain and enhance engine health monitoring programs
• Provide technical expertise on aircraft power plants systems such as inlets, cowls, exhaust, accessories, LRUs, thrust reversers, etc.
• In coordination with the AD Review Committee, analyze Airworthiness Directives (ADs)/implement as required
• Review of Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs) and other Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) publications to develop appropriate engineering documentation to ensure compliance and/or enhance reliability
• Develop/enhance engine and component build specifications
• Develop/refine engine shop workscopes specific to each engine/APU
• Develop Engineering Orders (EO) for the incorporation of modifications to aircraft engines, APUs and engine component
• Coordinates repair plans/implementation processes with Materials, Purchasing, Treasury/Fleet Planning, Maintenance Planning and Maintenance Control teams
• Coordinate with aircraft heavy maintenance vendors to ensure approved data is used as the basis for repairs/modifications
• Assist with CASS analysis and in development of reliability improvement initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
• 5+ years’ Aircraft Powerplant Engineering experience (line and shop support)
• Knowledge of CFM56 and JT8D and RB211 engines; Airbus A319/320, MD80 and B757 APUs; and associated aircraft/engine/APU systems
• Engine health monitoring/diagnostics experience
• Knowledge of and ability to understand/research OEM manuals, Service Bulletins, Operational manuals, wiring diagrams (WDM) and schematics
• Knowledge of and ability to research ADs and FARs
• Ability to write technical specifications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and Arbortext
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
• Flexibility to work ‘off shift’ and ‘on call’
• Minimal travel and onsite visits to MRO facilities, OEMs and line stations
• Needs to have a background in powerplant engineering for at least 5 years, specifically CFM56 engines
• Must have in depth knowledge of reading and interpreting engine shop records, work scope history, service bulletins, airworthiness directives and other CFM and Airbus engineering documents
• Must have a good writing and analytical skills
Company Overview & Benefits:
STS AeroStaff Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry. We offer hundreds of career opportunities throughout the United States, and with more than two decades of experience, our aviation recruiters soar in their commitment to excellence and professionalism.
We proudly offer all qualifying candidates competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances and referral bonuses. Have questions? Contact us today at 1-877-707-5767.
If you are interested in an aerospace engineering job in another part of the country, take a look at all of the Aerospace Engineering jobs we have live on our aviation jobs board!
Las Vegas, NV
STS AEROSTAFF SERVICES
STS AeroStaff Services
2000 NE JENSEN BEACH BLVD
JENSEN BEACH, FL 34957