Leading aircraft company are seeking an experienced Aerospace Test Engineer to support the development, integration and testing of an ejectable flight data recorder project. This is in the early stages of the project and the role will support all phases of system development including design and analysis, requirements compliance methods, certification (verification / validation) test preparation, and integration into large scale commercial aircraft environments.
* Identify testing required for verification and validation using industry standards & regulations
* Prepare system and component functional and performance certification test procedures, manufacturing test methods and procedures, in accordance with input from other team members.
* Review and evaluate identified program functional and performance requirements for applicability to program goals and objectives.
* Establish testing protocols and test requirements based upon test specifications, drawings, as well as manufacturing and process specifications.
* Identify industry standard test equipment and resources
* Conduct and/or witness mechanical and environmental tests for FAA certification. .
* Test and certification will include subcomponent and component system qualification, for both mechanical and electrical requirements
* Position will require interfacing with the FAA or designated engineering representative, preparation of technical status presentations and leading detailed test reviews.
You will have considerable experience in aerospace structural and electrical testing and must be familiar with aerospace test standards MIL-STD-810 and DO-160, with DO-178 and DO-254 knowledge preferred. A working knowledge of CATIA V5 and DOORS requirements management tool would also be useful.
Experience must include a strong background in the aerospace engineering requirements and verification process and the ability to understand mechanical and electrical aerospace drawings, environmental requirements, test requirements, and various aerospace test methods.
This is an initial 12 month contract, working on a long-term project, so work is likely to extend for at least 2 years, with the possibility of the position becoming a staff role.
Newport Beach, CA
STRONGFIELD TECHNOLOGIES USA INC
5000 BIRCH ST STE 3000
NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92660