Review Engineering Design Documentation consisting of Drawing, Engineering Order and Parts List for consistency with company standards, drawing quality and drafting requirements. Also review 3D dataset to ensure correct design representation in the Digital Aircraft model.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Check Drawing, Engineering Order and Parts List for adherence to company standards;
2. Check 3D dataset in CATIA V5 and PLM System.
3. Participate to design reviews and provide guidance to design team regarding drafting rules and dimension & tolerance requirements.
4. Collaborate with Design and Integrated Product Teams to solve issues identified during the reviews.
5. Document and communicate issues found during reviews.
6. Consult with design team and other checkers for interpretation or drafting rules.
7. Act as a Subject Matter Expert regarding interpretation and application of drafting rules.
8. Provide inputs to management on major issues being identified and help develop alternatives for solutions.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. 10+ years of experience designing mechanical and / or structural parts, assemblies or installations for aircraft.
2. At least 7 years of experience with CATIA and PLM Systems (preferably Teamcenter).
3. 5 years of experience working with GD&T and 5 years of experience checking Aerospace Drawings.
4. Candidate must be detail oriented.
5. BS Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. Experience can used in lieu of education.
6. Experience with composite materials is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Familiarity with aircraft production and assembly methods.
2. Ability to address issues identified in a direct but respectful way.
3. Ability to consistently apply defined criteria.
4. Able to work with people with diverse corporate / design culture background.
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to sit, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
4. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
5. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
6. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
7. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
9. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
6 paid holidays
The Structures Company LLC is an AA/EOE.
STRUCTURES COMPANY LLC
P O BOX 2278
SEAL BEACH, CA 90740