THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Sr Principal Systems/Mechanical Test Engineer 4 / NX10 GD&T - Clearance CA
Sr Principal Systems/Mechanical Test Engineer 4 (Job Number: 19023934)
Number of Openings: 1
Location(s): United States-California-Palmdale
Shift: 1st Shift
Target Start Date: Nov 1, 2019
Target End Date: Oct 30, 2020
Pay Rate: $62 - $65
Work schedule: 4/10
Duration of Assignment: Up to 1 year
Selected candidates are expected to perform the following:
• Mentor and lead less experienced Engineers thru all phases of Static, Fatigue / Structural Test lifecycle.
• Author and publish Test Procedures.
• Plan and arrange labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating Flight and R&D hardware.
• Facilitate collaboration across disciplines during technical interchanges.
• Interpret Test Data, determine and suggest changes in test configuration, equipment, procedures or manufacturing processes.
• Collaborate with AVT personnel to develop test and test data requirements.
• Participate in post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution.
Designer/ Mechanical Engineer
• Mentor and lead design Team, review designs for compliance, technically and requirements.
• Lead and provide mentorship to less experienced Engineers during CDR / PDR.
• Coordinate design criteria with Internal Customers, Vendors, Test Engineering, EHS and Facilities Personnel.
• Evaluate design factors taking into account ease manufacturing, cost, safety, maintenance and end user.
• Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements.
• Analyze damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling
This position requires strong leadership, written and oral communications skills as well as a team centric approach to problem solving. Candidate must be able to work with little to no direction and be capable and willing to lead and oversee the work of less experienced engineers. Must work well in a large team environment as well as an individual contributor. Candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented and must be willing to learn additional engineering discipline areas.
• STEM Degree with 9 yrs; 7 yrs. with Masters; 4 yrs. with PhD
• Must be able to obtain and maintain PAR
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard shifts/overtime
• CAD experience
• Willing/Capable of Learning NX10 and GD&T
• Structural Test experience, Multiple disciplines
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Current PAR
• Extensive NX10 and GD&T experience
pd split possible
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807