Our Client in Mobile, AL is seeking candidates to fill an Aircraft Systems Installation position.
This position is responsible for the systems installation of the aircraft for the final assembly line.
- Prepare mechanical components at the station/work place/aircraft parking space
- Installation and manufacture: mark, prepare, assemble, adapt, torque and secure mechanical components and parts
- Inspect bonding as per order/GTI, drawing and specifications
- Check system functions
- Specialized in the one Area mentioned below:
- VTP and HTP installation,
- Wing Mechanic work
- installation and rigging of flaps, slats and spoilers
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High School Diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
- A&P license is required or equivalent experience.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by client after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality trainings
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent required
- Completed vocational training (Mechanics/Systems) preferred
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Aviation Production
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of System/Mechanical tasks
- Good knowledge and experience in LEAN practices
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to work under high pressure
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time
- Carrying:able to occasionally carry up to 55lbs/25kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting:able to occasionally lift up to 55lbs/25kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting:able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing:able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel:able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Walking:able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces