PDS Tech is seeking an Mass Properties Engineer for an open position in Savannah, GA.
In your role, you will:
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Aircraft products and services
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 5 yrs in the specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or 3 yrs in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or 1 yr in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
- Minimum 5 years of broad Mass Properties experience.
- Mass Properties Special Missions work experience preferred.
- Experience with using 3D CAD tools, CATIA V5 preferred. Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills required.
- Robust understanding of aircraft W&B and operational loading of aircraft.