Manufacturing Engineer II - Savannah, GA (3 needed, Electrical Planning)
Under minimal supervision, independently prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or Post-Production environment
Principal Duties And Responsibilities: • Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing.
• Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer.
• Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to support effective corrective actions.
• Author MBOM in SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process.
• Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
• Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
• Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
• Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings to identify opportunities to enhance manufacturing ability to meet requirements.
• Participate in Design for Manufacturing assessments with Engineering.
• Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
• Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures. Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
• Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
• With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
• Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
• Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
Other Requirements: • Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
• Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
• Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, etc.
• Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.
Experience/Education: • Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Eighteen months Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
1 Year Plus
PRECISION PERSONNEL INC
600 CLEVELAND ST STE 700
CLEARWATER, FL 33755