Hardware Design Engineering:
* Participate in the development and specification of new product HW/SW platform architectures;
* Develop detailed design specifications;
* Lead and participate in design reviews;
* Develop schematics for and specify printed circuit board layouts for new designs;
* Balance high quality, low-cost, and fast time-to-market during the development of products;
* Be an expert in the use of HW tools: Oscilloscopes, DVMs, signal generators/analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and LabView for development/debug;
* Good debug skills for both HW/SW;
* Develop schematics using DX Designer;
* Familiar with PCB design tools, such as PADs.
* Simulate, breadboard, prototype HW/SW designs;
* Bring-up new designs, perform signal integrity analysis, Hyperlynx;
* Specify and perform design verification tests;
* Thoroughly document designs;
* Design to insure platform re-use, testability, and manufacturability;
* Obtain product approvals (safety & EMC);
* Work with Software engineering to Develop software for diagnostic/board bring-up/DVT tests; and
* Perform root-cause analysis on failed product.
BSEE and coursework in analog and digital design required.
* 7+ years in electronic design and development;
* At least five years of hands-on, board-level, hardware design;
* At least some experience developing low-level debug software;
* Experience with Safety Integrity Level (SIL) design a plus; and
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.