Currently seeking full-time and contract Program Managers to fill openings with an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization located in Moses, WA. The ideal candidate will possess experimental flight test operational experience in either STC or Type Cert Programs.
Velocity represents an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization that provides development services to aircraft modifiers and OEM’s. They are a small but rapidly growing company in Seattle, WA that was founded in 2001. Their core team is comprised of very talented and experienced aerospace engineers, technicians, mechanics, and specialist consultants. They strive to create a
The Program Managers responsibility consists of supporting management of programs through the program lifecycle to achieve or surpass the capability, schedule, and financial performance of customer programs. This position acts as primary customer contact for a programs status, deliverables and cross-disciplinary technical leadership, across a multitude of external contacts and internal team members to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met. Program Managers may also be responsible for overseeing the similarity review process to ensure aircraft components meet certification requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Communicate with potential client to determine scope of project for desired services, timeline and cost sensitivity.
• Conduct internal reviews to determine program staffing to ensure technical skills are paired with technical needs at the appropriate time.
• Create business proposals including schedule, deliverables, and cost.
• Provide business proposals to potential clients and negotiate terms.
• Partnering with Contracts, finalize business proposals including ensuring contract conditions minimize company risk.
• Develop control systems that accurately measure progress of schedule, risk, and technical performance and with sufficient time for corrective action should issues arise.
• Manage program budget, identify and mitigate potential over-runs before they are realized.
• Manage relationship with client throughout project
• Review component qualifications through similarity comparison to ensure they meet certification requirements.
• Four (4) year degree in Engineering or equivalent Technical Program Management experience
• 5 + years of relevant experience
• Working knowledge of Part 25 Requirements and Aircraft Certification process desired.
Moses Lake, WA
VELOCITY CONSULTING SOLUTIONS
950 N 72ND ST STE 100
SEATTLE, WA 98103