THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Manufacturing Engineer (Aerospace Industry)(Entry - Mid-Level)
The Manufacturing Engineer provides manufacturing and field service engineering support for military ejection seating products within the military aerospace industry.
Responsible for engineering support for both internal and external customers through problem solving, product improvements, cost reduction, small scale design, customer/authority compliance and engineering documentation maintenance.
• Provides experienced sustaining engineering support to aircraft manufacturers, military and other aftermarket customers.
• Provides sustaining engineering support to military and other aftermarket customers.
• Provides engineering support for operations, supply chain, quality, technical publications and program management.
• Updates engineering documentation through Engineering change orders and Document Change notices.
• Communicates with internal and external customers on a regular basis.
• Leads teams through problem investigation and solution/design approaches as well as continuous improvement efforts.
• Provides root cause and corrective action investigations.
• Direct interface with external customers on engineering issue resolution and product improvements.
• Supports after hours Aircraft On Ground (AOG) airline/OEM requests as experience and knowledge is obtained.
• Supports Material Review Board (MRB) evaluation and disposition.
• Ensures quality product utilizing quality procedures.
• Audits work area for safety compliance.
• Adheres to all rules and codes of conduct.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pace environment
• Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• 3D CAD experience or training
• Experience in aerospace engineering design and manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of commercial and/or military specification
• Understanding of commercial and/or military aerospace design protocol
• Experience with aerospace certification and qualification requirements
Drive for Results - Meets deadlines - Organized and ability prioritize multiple efforts Customer Focus - Meets expectations of internal and external customers - Customer is first priority Functional/Technical Skills - Willing to learn and grow technical skills and stay current with technology - Sufficient skills to prevent errors and ensure accuracy
Colorado Springs, CO
PDS TECHNICAL SERVICES
50 FOUNDERS PLAZA STE 304
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108