Mechanical Design Engineer
PDS Tech Commercial Inc, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer in Windsor Locks, CT for an Aerospace Company:
*US Citizenship Required
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type: Full time; Contract (12 months)
Location: Windsor Locks, CT 06096
Schedule: Full time, 1st shift 8:00 AM-5:00 PM (Onsite)
Pay Rate: $48.25-$75.00/hour (depending on experience)
Sr. Eng, Mechanical Engineering Contractor to work within the Space Systems Design and Development Department and be a collaborative member with the other disciplines of the Integrated Product Team (IPT) including project, structures, thermal, and electrical design. Tasks will vary, but may include clean sheet design, delivering development hardware, facilitating the delivery of production hardware, processing engineering changes to the production configuration, and support of fielded components and systems.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in deliver against the cost, schedule, and technical requirements The candidate will have experience creating definition for Peer and Design reviews, analyses, Validation and Verification activities, design documentation (drawings, reports).
• Resolution of mechanical engineering problems of difficult and complex scope, seeking a balanced system solution, ensuring engineering excellence, all with minimal supervisor oversight
• Develop design definition from concept to final product for components (Fans, Hydrodynamic Pumps, Heat Exchangers, Accumulator Tanks and Valves) and subsystems of integrated Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) that conforms to Collins technical standards and customer specifications.
• Provide Model Based Definition using Creo 8 and Windchill 11 in the design of fabricated parts and mechanical assemblies including sheet metal, weldments, machined parts, mechanical chassis, and rack-mounted structures.
• Perform preliminary or sizing structural analysis in support of design definition generation.
• Generate CAD model inputs for the structural analysis discipline.
• Perform stress and load combinations to determine analytical verification of compliance to customer factor of safety requirements and document .
• Process technically sound engineering changes within schedule that meet performance metrics.
• Utilize standard work and CORE/ACE tools to continuously improve the design process.
• Mentor other mechanical engineers in process-related and/or technical subjects
• Communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
• Collaboration, innovation and taking the initiative and leading by example.
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC