THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Test Engineer (Advanced Electrical Instrumentation and Data Acquisition Systems)
The ideal candidate will:
• design, implement and maintain test processes for Space Systems hardware using lean philosophies and techniques.
• take a leadership role in driving action in the development, planning & implementation of timely and effective corrective actions for problems during product manufacturing and testing.
o this can involve testing, data analysis, and interface with all aspects of the engineering department.
• the interpretation/analysis of customer test requirements and subsequent cost estimates to support an appropriate test program.
• daily interface with Program, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering organizations to ensure that customer committed hardware and data deliveries are consistently met.
• Support laboratory testing of Space hardware,
• Develop and validate tooling concepts,
• Author and maintain operation/test procedures,
• Prepare standardized operation/test sheets,
• Define test rig and facility requirements,
• Participate on program Integrated Product Development teams,
• Review drawings and concepts, and
• Resolve productivity concerns.
• Experience with Advanced Electrical Instrumentation and Data Acquisition Systems
• Five (5+) years working on the testing of complex electrical systems,
• Testing and troubleshooting of complex FPGA (Fully Programmable Gate Array), digital and analog based electronic controllers,
• Testing of components such as HED (Hall Effect Device) based pumps and brushless DC motors.
• Applicant must have the capability of working independently and be self-motivated.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Ability to proficiently operate common Microsoft Office software products
• Knowledge of LabVIEW desired.
Windsor Locks, CT
PDS TECHNICAL SERVICES
50 FOUNDERS PLAZA STE 304
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108