THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Aerospace Rotorcraft Flight Control Systems Engineer, Fort Worth, TX
Aerospace Rotorcraft Flight Control Systems Engineer, Fort Worth, TX
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
Aerospace Rotorcraft Flight Controls Engineer
Flight Controls engineer is a multi-skilled technical person capable of providing expertise in conceptual design, development, integration, and verification and test algorithms for the Advanced Helicopter. This position will employ the skills above to assist in progressing overall Flight Controls system conceptual design readiness for a proposal response of the Advanced Helicopter program of record. The position requires coordination across system and program boundaries as the Flight Controls IPT representative to ensure alignment of air vehicle systems. This position will also develop Flight Control Systems content for the Advanced Helicopter program of record proposal related to all aspects of Flight Control Systems development, specifically hardware, software, control strategy, and verification, as well as, manage and provide status updates on the development, schedule, and risk associated with Flight Control System content readiness.
• At least 8 years of relevant Flight Control Systems experience with a focus in any of the following: hardware, software, systems integration, or control laws.
• Previous proposal experience is preferred
• Must be a proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, with excellent written and oral communication skills, and PC skills.
• RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems, and multiple data protocols
• Experience with Enovia, DOORS, and Serena Dimensions
• Development of system requirements, architectures, and schematics.
• Experience with current industry software languages and practices
• This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required. Major in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering or Computer Science is preferred. Related degrees with relevant experience will be considered.
Years of Experience: At least 10 years of relevant experience in aerospace industry is required. Experience in Helicopter flight controls is preferred.
Citizenship: US person
Skills & Experience
Electronic Engineering, Embedded Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering, System Software Development
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.