PDS Tech is seeking candidates for an Incoming Materials Quality Inspector in Santa Clara, CA
The key objective for a Quality assurance inspector is to examine incoming material/products against specifications and/or inspection instructions set by the customer, supplier or client
• Perform incoming inspection on preproduction materials quickly and accurately, meeting/exceeding minimum lot requirements each week and transact materials in ERP per training. Document nonconformances and disposition to MBR as appropriate
- Provide inputs for process improvement for inspection accuracy and efficiency as appropriate
- Communicate quality findings/issues quickly to buyers, quality leadership and manufacturing
- High School graduate or equivalent + related experience.
- Associates degree in Science, Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent is plus.
- Experience with quality inspection and record-keeping
- Demonstrated appropriate computer and system application skills to efficiency and accurate transact information on inspected materials/lots as needed
- Demonstrate competency with all Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Experience using ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to read and follow written procedures & work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal contexts
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and wiring schematics
- Experience using inspection tools such as microscope, calipers, micrometers, inspection gauges, etc.
- Knowledge/experience in manufacturing processes a plus