PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Flight Simulator Technican, in Miami, FL.
- In an effective and proactive team environment; perform timely pre-flights, corrective and preventive maintenance, calibration, testing and inspections on Flight Simulator Training Devices (FSTD) and Cabin Training Devices (CTD) in accordance with applicable technical manuals, procedures, quality and reliability standards, and company directives to a level commensurate with aviation authority's qualification standards (FAA, EASA and other AA authorities) and company's reliability targets.
- Direct interface with airline training customers to resolve maintenance and equipment performance related issues. Assure positive experience with customer and timely service.
- Ensure FSTD training devices are ready for training at scheduled times with the correct software and hardware configurations.
- Operate Quality Test Guides (QTG) including evaluating, annotate, filing, and organize presentation of QTG tests results. Participate in aviation authority qualification evaluations as required.
- Perform installation and testing of new, modified, and repaired equipment.
- Monitor equipment performance and interface with ATC customers and instructors to provide courteous service, support and obtain feedback regarding equipment performance with the objective of improving the operation, early detection of malfunctions and reliability.
- Effectively monitor and communicate the status of all equipment currently in operation, undergoing maintenance, repair, and/or modification.
- Accomplish appropriate documentation of all maintenance actions in appropriate records, daily communication including email, documents, inventory database, and work history logbooks. Provide equipment status reports as required and requested.
- Contribute to the success of company and departmental objectives.
- May be required to perform or assist vendors in performing software and hardware modifications and testing in accordance with applicable technical manuals, vendor documentation, engineering orders, established procedures and directives.
- Conduct routine inventory of spare parts, and initiate requisitions for replacement components, spare parts, tools, supplies, test/support equipment.
- Offer suggestions and champion initiatives to improve training equipment performance and reliability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have one or more
- AS/BS Degree in Electronics, Computer science, engineering or similar technical discipline.
- 2 Year Vocational Technical Education certificate in Electronics, Computer science, engineering or similar technical discipline
- 2 Years Military experience and training related to Electronics, Computer science, engineering or similar technical discipline.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- At least 3 or more years of experience maintaining flight simulators to FAA level "D" or comparable electronic equipment including at least 5 of the items below unless hired under classification of apprentice:
- Ability to use and interpret electronic and computer hardware schematics, maintenance manuals and diagnostic tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot to system component level.
- Ability to perform PM's, preflight, and preflight checks.
- Ability to perform in-depth visual adjustment and set-ups.
- Ability to maintain visual system hardware and/or software modeling updates.
- Ability to perform motion and CLS calibration and repairs.
- Working knowledge of aircraft systems with ability to test and repair at system level aircraft and simulated aircraft equipment and sub-components.
- Ability to perform routine software administrative task.
- Ability to repair and configure computer networks.
- Ability to perform software coding and/or configuration changes and/or software administration related tasks.
- Aircraft Avionics maintenance experience.
- FSTD OEM training and Certificates Preferred
- A+ Certificate Computer Maintenance Preferred
- Computer security and programming related certificate(s) (Microsoft) Preferred