|Work Experience: 5-10 years experience in estimating and scheduling function|
Special Skills: • Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (EXCEL, WORD), project scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera).
• Proficiency in Timberline estimating software
• Proficient in use of SAP.
• Working knowledge of the building/ facilities construction process & contract delivery methods.
• Working knowledge of Chemical and Seed manufacturing construction process & contract delivery methods.
• Strong written & verbal communications skills.
• Personal initiative ---- ability to function on a 'fast-track' handling several project assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to work well in a team environment that values diversity.
(Include budget responsibilities, direct reports, number of employees in org, etc.)
Manage estimating, scheduling and cost controls on multiple projects.
Main Purpose of the Job
Position requires Estimating and Scheduling skills for large/complex projects. This group is responsible for producing timely and accurate cost estimates, cost forecasting, and scheduling for capital projects. Capital projects include facility construction for Seed, Vegetables, Technology, Facilities and Ag Chem Manufacturing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Work with project teams to control/manage project costs.
Develop capital and expense cost forecasts/expenditure curves.
Prepare & present project cost reports.
Interface with engineering and construction contractors to validate cost estimates.
Continuous oversight of project costs so as to provide early indication of potential deviations as well as to recommend corrective actions to project teams.
Must be able to work with all team members to facilitate the gathering of diverse inputs related to project cost management and project execution planning.
Work with project teams to develop conceptual and detailed project execution schedules.
Analyzing project events so as to accurately depict project status and schedule trends throughout the entire project cycle.
Monitor and reconcile project cost reports.
Work to improve estimating and scheduling practices & tools within the Project Controls Group.
Construction contract cost management ' Enter contracts and contract change orders into SAP, service entries for receiving to allow invoice payment