PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a CAD Operator, in Chandler, AZ.
The selected candidate will work within the client's Design group and will be responsible for creating drawing/design packages with proper content and to ensuring compliance with applicable industry and military standards. Duties will include reviewing designs for fit, function, manufacturability, and economy of fabrication. This includes review of tolerance analysis, hardware selection and fitment on assembly prints. The candidate shall be well-versed in GD&T and will be called upon to resolve interpretation issues on drawings. Additional duties include verifying 3D models submitted to manufacturing utilizing Siemens NX 12 managed with Teamcenter. Responsibility will further include liaison with various engineering disciplines, Manufacturing, and Quality. Some vendor liaison will be required as well.
Additional responsibilities to include modeling fully defined components and assemblies efficiently using Siemens NX 12 managed with Teamcenter, and create/revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME modeling and drawing standards.
1. Create and review mechanical drawings with appropriate personnel verifying completed work, checking dimensions, materials and quantities to be used.
2. Mechanical modeling using NX 12 managed with Teamcenter.
3. Create/Revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME 3D modeling and drawing standards.
4. As requested, may supervise and direct the activities of staff.
5. Perform related duties as assigned or required.
o Knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows and NX 12 as required.
o Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
o Ability to work quickly and accurately while under schedule pressure and exhibit a large degree of patience.
o Strong time management and organizational skills
Education and Experience:
• 2-year Technical Degree in Drafting or Engineering and 10 years directly related experience or BS in Engineering and 7 years of related experience.
• Must be experienced with geometric dimensioning and tolerating per ASME Y14.5-2009. GDTP Professional Certification Preferred.
• Must be experienced with weld design per AWS D17.1 and D1.1. AWS CWI Certification Preferred.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain DoD security clearance.
• Experience working with DoD programs preferred.
• Must have knowledge of standard manufacturing processes including CNC Mill and Lathe operations.
• Must be experienced with Siemens NX 12 and Teamcenter.
• A working knowledge of ASME Y14.100 and Mil-Standard 100 is also desired.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Candidate must be comfortable working extended periods of time at a workstation.