PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Functions Controlling and Enterprise Risk Management Specialist in Herndon, VA.
Functional Controlling : 30%
- Prepare monthly consolidation of the operating costs by cost centers and functions, coordinate with other controllers to ensure accuracy of data and propose improvements to consolidation process.
- Support monthly close by working closely with the accounting team and advice on corrections.
- Ensure that deadlines are met and provide support as needed.
- Review monthly cost allocations and communicate with headquarters to update / improve processes.
- Ensure quality of year-to-date actual data through consistency checks with financial system reporting, general accounting, and purchasing officers of the function.
- Review month-end results and request corrections as necessary.
- Regular reviews with the Executive Management to provide financial understanding of the functional and business issues.
Central Planning: 30%
- Support the preparation of the five-year Operating Budget for the perimeter (AOP), with focus on SG&A / overhead cost budget and manage the budget with the internal and external functions to enable the preparation of the consolidated Budget Letter Agreement.
- Deliver outlooks and forecasts periodically after identifying risks and opportunities to budget, in coordination with each department leadership and function controlling.
- Support the Controlling Group View, focusing on the cost consolidation in the USA.
- Perform variance analysis on actuals vs. budget; identify budget underrun/overrun and implement actions to meet plan objectives.
- Communicate the monthly year-to-date and year-end overviews to all internal and external customers.
- Meet with functions on a regular basis to discuss upcoming activities and assess current and future needs.
- Monitor headcount changes to ensure budget alignment, and for corrective and forecast purposes, by providing orientation regarding new hires, terminations and transfers on a monthly basis, including expat transfers.
- Determine appropriate bonus and contractual benefits accruals.
- Discuss changes with central functions to ensure headcount variations are within budget.
Enterprise Risk Management: 20%
- Support the process to create a consolidated Risk & Opportunity view by coordinating the ERM stakeholders' network, as well as acting as a liaison with the ERM Community in Central Entity in Toulouse.
- Develop and coordinate implementation of a systematic, analytical and continuous risk management process in compliance with the Corporate ERM process and industry best practices as well as their adherence to the ERM policy.
- Ensure risk identification, analysis and mitigation activities are integrated into Company's reporting and management cycles and reported through the Corporate channels.
- Be on the focal points for all Enterprise Risk Management matters within and serve as liaison with Central Entity in Toulouse.
Shared Services and other tasks: 20%
- Partner with financial systems manager to scope accounting and reporting requirements related to tool implementation, and make recommendations on best way of action.
- Make decisions for sustainable financial and reporting solutions such as most appropriate financial structure and needed reporting capabilities.
- Ensure consistency of data and financial reports by testing new platforms.
- Ensure compliance with the existing accounting, finance and procurement processes, identify areas of improvement and implement sustainable solutions.
Other duties as assigned:
- Monitor purchasing process and propose corrective actions when necessary.
- Release purchase requisitions for values up to $100k to ensure spending is within budget limit and supplementary check monthly accruals on Blanket Purchase Orders.
- Support the Head of Record to Report, Central Controlling and ERM and other management in special projects.
- BS in Business Administration, Economics or Finance required.
- Additional accounting/financial studies preferred (CPA, MBA...).
- Five (5) years or more of experience in finance and/or accounting in a commercial or industrial environment involving tight deadlines.
- Prior experience must include: At least two (2) years in financial planning and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Demonstrated leadership in resolving or escalating issue resolution, team building, training and team support.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks, build strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- SAP, TM1, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 15% Domestic and International.
- Authorized to Work in the US.
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Development of accounting staff regarding best practices, efficiency, financial analyses.
- Development and implementation of strategic shared-services initiatives for an optimum performance.
- Collaboration and coordination with other One-Roof affiliates on financial control processes in accordance with Group mandates.
- Forward-thinking, anticipating business issues and providing input to business decisions.