Cost Impact Analyst
|Role Overview: |
Understanding all configuration definition and cost impacts in support of change pricing for non-recurring & recurring change pricing proposals including fact-finding, renegotiations, and support of various supplier contractual obligations with cost and pricing implications.
Cost non-recurring and recurring estimates for nacelle & pylon products in support of the procurement organization for supplier contract pricing proposals and claims. The supply chain estimator is also expected to provide input to, use and understand cash flow models related to supplier proposals. Documentation of assumptions and systematic revision control of source data related to their estimates is required. Perform comparative cost analysis for Sr. leadership and Passport reviews.
• Knowledge of SAP, Team Center & Catia V5.
• Strong interpersonal & emotional intelligence skills; team player and ability to work with a broad base of technical, operations and finance peers at various levels of the organization.
• Familiarity with product structure & reading engineering drawings and Catia Models.
• Understanding of labor & overhead rates, standard-to-actual ratios, & material factors.
• Concise communication skills, planning, and organizational skills
• Understanding of Continuous improvement and labor learning impact.
• Understanding of data analysis methods and data organization
• Ability to create labor routers and BOMs
• Comfortable working with ambiguity and solving problems
• Ability to assist in the Basis of Estimate (BOE) development, implementing pricing assumptions, and preparing a complete pricing proposal.
• 3-5 years of experience in a cost estimating or manufacturing engineering capacity.
• Sound reasoning and mathematical skills including an understanding of labor learning curve theories.
• Understanding of non-recurring and manufacturing labor processes and material utilization.
• Ability to rationalize RFP requirements into product cost implications.
• Strong understanding of cash flow modeling and financial analysis metrics, and confidence with explaining modeling scenarios implications and analysis.
• Ability to deal with stress and a flexible work schedule during tight deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office products (EXCEL, PowerPoint, & Word).
• Ability to design and implement SAP BW reporting tools.
• The ideal candidate would have 3-5 years in an aerospace cost estimating or manufacturing engineering background familiar with broad aerospace manufacturing product flow, work instructions, tool families, engineering and testing requirements, cash flow modeling.
• Good knowledge of proposal pricing business practices cost accounting standards and appropriate application.
• Sound reasoning skills and ability to work with a broad base of technical, operations, aftermarket, finance and sr. leadership.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Engineering (Manufacturing/Industrial)
• MBA a plus