THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Technical Writer Sr. (EWIS, STE, & PLM)
Responsible (either individually or with other team members) for the writing of major portions of technical publications. Supports the complete workflow process to ensure successful completion of each revision cycle and distribution of technical publications. Complies with established quality processes to ensure accuracy, ease of use and timely delivery of each revision cycle content.
Education and Experience Requirements: • Four (4) years Technical Publications writing experience.
• Three (3) years of Standard Graphic Markup Language (SGML) or SGML-related software applications experience required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: • Write technical publications content as directed.
• Conduct reviews and analyze technical documents to gain a thorough understanding of how complex systems operate and how they are to be integrated into technical manuals to provide the end user with the level of text and graphics to support the efficient return to service of the aircraft system.
• Consult with internal, external customers and Engineering to create/revise technical manuals to support the department/corporate operating priorities.
• Provide input to management on new processes or technology for integration into the technical publications business model.
• Assist in developing solutions for overcoming the technology/technical issues introduced by outside suppliers for incorporation into existing manuals.
• Work with management, other departments, and team members in the development of specific project data.
• Provide liaison with Completion Center, Technical Operations, Production and/or Completion Engineering, Service Center to obtain the necessary approval for technical information prior to its release to customers.
• Participate with publications team to ensure all internal department workflows and business processes are followed for issues relating to producing and delivering technical publications and associated Computerized Maintenance Program (CMP) data.
• Work with internal/external customers in the development of specific project requirements of source data to ensure a seamless incorporation of new data in the publications environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: • At least three (3) years of Standard Graphic Markup Language (SGML) or SGML-related software applications.
Strong technical writing and communication skills are required.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprint and Engineering Orders.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft tools, test equipment, vendor coding, parts nomenclature, maintenance procedures, and of aircraft equipment and maintenance.
1 Year Plus
PRECISION PERSONNEL INC
600 CLEVELAND ST STE 700
CLEARWATER, FL 33755