Software Design Engineer
An Electrical engineering position providing primarily software technical and project planning support to New Product Development group. This position requires interacting with customers and working in a team environment.
· Provide technical support of failure investigation activities through application of rigorous root cause analysis.
· Provide engineering and technical development and design review processes.
· Provide support in development of test, qualification and validation related procedures.
· Prepare reports and presentations related to design and development activities, including technical proposal submittals, test plans and reports.
· Support kaizen-related process improvement activities.
· Bachelors or Master’s in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in software languages.
· Multiple software language expertise desirable, C, C++, Visual Basic, Assembly
· Digital design expertise with communication interface experience. Knowledge of RS422, SPI, Parallel, 1553 or other high-speed bus architectures a plus.
· FPGA logic design experience with VHDL and some hardware expertise a plus.
· Previous work experience with a minimum of 5yrs is preferred.
· Excellent problem solving; presentation, written and oral communication skills
· Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OrCAD Schematic Capture, Outlook, PSPICE Simulation